He joined The Clearing House in 2016 as a Senior Vice President in the Product Development and Strategy group, where he is focused on product strategy and bank readiness for TCH’s new real-time payments system. In this role, he works closely with TCH owner banks on opportunities and applications to address business-related payment problems and identify strategic priorities for this new payments infrastructure.
Before joining The Clearing House, Jim spent 10 years with HSBC as a Product Executive in their Payments and Cash Management group. During that period he served as the Global Product Head for their Payables business which had responsibility for faster payments initiatives as well as cash, check and ACH payment products worldwide. Before joining HSBC, he spent 15 years with JPMorgan Chase in a variety of cash and treasury management roles. Jim holds Masters Degrees in Banking and Finance from Pace University.
So without further ado, welcome Jim Colassano to the Payroll Podcast!
In this “Why Payroll Leaders Shouldn’t Fear EWA” episode with Jim Colassano on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- What is earned wage access? Is it different to early wage access?
- What is the RTP network and how is EWA related to it?
- What growth has The Clearing House seen regarding earned wage access over the last year?
- Can you tell us more about the Payment Nerds Podcast?
- Why would employers want to offer on-demand pay?
- How exactly does EWA help with employee attraction/retention?
- How can employers implement earned wage access via real-time payments in the U.S.?
- How can Payroll Providers Benefit from Connecting to Open Banking Platforms?
Links highlighted in this “Why Payroll Leaders Shouldn’t Fear EWA” episode are included below:
- Jim Colassano’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-colassano/
- EWA Case Study: https://www.theclearinghouse.org/payment-systems/rtp/rtp-use-cases/Use-Cases/Earned-Wage-Access
- LinkedIn Company Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-clearing-house/
- Clearing House Twitter: https://twitter.com/TCHtweets
- Nick Day LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out The HR L&D Podcast?
If you need the support of a payroll recruitment agency to help fill your next payroll vacancy, please please contact me! I possess over 20 years of payroll recruitment agency expertise and I would love to help! firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01727 800377
Find out more at: www.jgarecruitment.com.
Thanks for listening! Please review and subscribe to the show (it only takes a minute)
Stay tuned for the next episode of The Payroll Podcast, brought to you by Nick Day, CEO at JGA Recruitment landing soon!