Bureau Vs In House – The Knockout Question with Rob Evans #129
Nick Day is joined on The Payroll Podcast by Rob Evans, a self-motivated payroll professional, with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service and right first-time Payroll Services!
Rob is currently Head of Payroll UK & Ireland at TMF Group, and Nick has invited Rob to share his extensive operational experience, having been responsible for creating and establishing service delivery centres in the UK and Offshore; we also discover more about Rob’s experience developing both private and public sector payroll teams.
Rob has a background entrenched in delivering solutions across in-house, bureau, private and Public Sector Organizations. He has also implemented new systems and outsourced solutions for Central Government, Local Government, Schools, and Colleges, including The Supreme Court of the UK and many private companies.
Rob was the recipient of the 2023 Leadership Awards “Bureau Leader of the Year” award and has been regularly included in the coveted Reward 300 and was shortlisted as 1 of the top 5 Payroll Leaders by the Reward Strategy in 2019.
Rob was also the 2014 CIPP Payroll Manager of the Year award winner.
In this “Bureau Vs In House – The Knockout Question” episode with Rob Evans on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- How did you get into Payroll?
- When did you get into bureau payroll?
- What are the differences between running a successful Bureau Payroll vs Inhouse?
- How can I discover if outsourcing my payroll is right for our business?
- What key considerations are required when outsourcing a payroll operation?
- The differences between managing a private sector vs the public sector payrolls?
- The biggest challenges for the future of Bureau payroll?
- How do we ease the stress of payroll?
Links highlighted in this “Bureau Vs In House – The Knockout Question” episode are included below:
- Rob Evans’ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-evans-b0aa2a1/
- TMF Group Website: Global Payroll Services
- Nick Day LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out The HR L&D Podcast?
If you need the support of a payroll recruitment agency to help fill your next payroll vacancy, please please contact me! I possess over 20 years of payroll recruitment agency expertise and I would love to help! firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01727 800377
Thanks for listening! Please review and subscribe to the show (it only takes a minute)
Stay tuned for the next episode of The Payroll Podcast, brought to you by Nick Day, CEO at JGA Recruitment, landing soon!