This will act as a guide, and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Global Payroll Team Leader
Global Payroll Team Leader
As a Global Payroll Team Leader, you will support the Manager of the department in the management of payroll operations across multiple countries and regions. Your primary focus will be on ensuring accurate and compliant payroll processing, maintaining payroll data integrity, and coordinating with internal teams and external vendors. This role requires a strong understanding of global payroll regulations, excellent leadership and organizational skills, and the ability to navigate complex payroll scenarios across different jurisdictions.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end payroll operations for multiple countries and regions.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing, including salary calculations, deductions, and statutory contributions.
- Stay updated with global payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements for each jurisdiction.
- Collaborate with local payroll teams, external payroll service providers, and HR teams to ensure seamless payroll delivery.
- Review and validate payroll inputs, including employee data, timesheets, benefits, and deductions, for accuracy and compliance.
- Manage payroll data integrity and maintain employee records in compliance with data protection regulations.
- Develop and implement payroll policies, procedures, and controls to ensure accuracy, compliance, and data security.
- Coordinate year-end payroll processes, including tax reporting, annual statements, and compliance filings for each country.
- Handle complex payroll scenarios, such as international assignments, expatriate payroll, and cross-border payments.
- Implement payroll system enhancements, upgrades, and integrations to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Conduct periodic payroll audits to ensure data accuracy, identify discrepancies, and resolve any payroll-related issues.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging trends in global payroll management.
- Provide guidance and support to HR, finance, and tax teams regarding payroll processes, compliance, and reporting.
- Develop and deliver payroll training programs to ensure awareness and understanding of payroll policies and procedures.
- Lead and manage a team of payroll professionals, providing mentorship, performance feedback, and career development opportunities.
- Proven experience as a Global Payroll Team Leader or similar role, with a focus on managing payroll operations across multiple countries and regions.
- In-depth knowledge of global payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements for various jurisdictions.
- Strong understanding of statutory deductions, tax rates, social security requirements, and benefits regulations in different countries.
- Experience working with international payroll service providers and managing relationships with external vendors.
- Proficiency in using payroll software or systems for end-to-end payroll processing.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in processing complex payroll scenarios across different jurisdictions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to handle complex payroll calculations and reconciliations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple payrolls and deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skills to lead and motivate a diverse team of payroll professionals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of data protection regulations and confidentiality requirements in handling employee information.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications, particularly Excel, for data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to adapt to changing payroll requirements across different countries and regions.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with changes in global payroll regulations and best practices.