This will act as a guide, and you may have specific requirements that relate to your business and sector.
Below is a list of key duties we’d expect to see when putting together a job description for a Global Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Global Payroll & Benefits Administrator
As a Global Payroll & Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible for managing payroll operations for multiple countries. Your primary focus will be on ensuring accurate and compliant payroll processing, coordinating with local payroll providers, and supporting payroll-related activities. This role requires a strong understanding of global payroll legislation, attention to detail, and the ability to handle complex payroll scenarios across different countries. You will play a key role in maintaining payroll accuracy and providing exceptional service to our employees.
- Manage end-to-end payroll & benefits processing for multiple countries, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Ensure compliance with country-specific payroll & benefits regulations, tax laws, and social security requirements for each jurisdiction.
- Collaborate with local payroll providers to collect and validate payroll inputs, including salaries, benefits, allowances, and deductions.
- Review and validate payroll calculations, including statutory deductions, bonuses, and overtime, for each country.
- Coordinate payroll data integration between HR systems and local payroll systems, ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
- Reconcile and validate payroll outputs, including payslips, tax filings, and social security contributions.
- Handle payroll-related inquiries and resolve issues from employees across different countries.
- Stay updated with changes in payroll & benefits legislation and compliance requirements for each country.
- Collaborate with HR, finance, and tax teams to ensure accurate employee data management and seamless payroll integration.
- Provide guidance and support to HR and finance teams regarding payroll processes, compliance, and reporting.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of payroll system upgrades or enhancements.
- Coordinate year-end payroll processes, including the production of annual tax statements and compliance reports for each country.
- Conduct periodic payroll audits to ensure data accuracy, identify discrepancies, and resolve any payroll-related issues.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax authorities for payroll-related audits, compliance checks, and reporting requirements.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging trends in payroll management.
- Proven experience as a Global Payroll & Benefits Administrator or similar role, with a focus on managing payroll across multiple countries within the region.
- In-depth knowledge of global payroll & pensions legislation, tax regulations, and compliance requirements for various countries.
- Strong understanding of statutory deductions, tax rates, social security requirements, and benefits regulations.
- Experience working with local payroll providers and managing relationships with external vendors.
- Proficiency in using payroll software or systems for end-to-end payroll processing.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in processing complex payroll scenarios across different countries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to handle complex payroll calculations and reconciliations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple payrolls and deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively address employee inquiries and concerns related to payroll.
- Understanding of data protection regulations and confidentiality requirements in handling employee information.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications, particularly Excel, for data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with changes in payroll regulations and best practices.
- Ability to adapt to changing payroll requirements across different countries.
- Certification or professional qualification in payroll or related field is advantageous.