Talent Sourcing, DEI Initiatives, and People-First Companies with Colm O’Cuinneain #91
In the episode, Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast by Colm O’Cuinneain, General Manager of EMEA Greenhouse Software, who works with top tech companies, including HubSpot, Docusign, Wayfair and more, to make hiring better by reducing bias.
A recent economic sentiment survey of over 1,000 UK employees found that despite an inevitable recession, 56% did not anticipate this would impact their wages. In fact, it was discovered that many are actually hoping to see further increases next year.
Colm believes that companies should use any downturn in the job market as the time to meaningfully invest in hiring strategies so they are ready and prepared to ramp up again. If they don’t, companies risk losing out on top talent later when it really matters.
Colm is passionate about building high-growth businesses and leading teams to great results. He says his purpose is “to make a positive contribution to the transformation and career development of the individuals I work with.”
So let’s learn more about People-First Companies and Talent Sourcing in this new world of work!
In this “Talent Sourcing, DEI Initiatives, and People-First Companies” episode with Colm O’Cuinneain on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words human resources mean to you?
- Can you tell us a little about your background before Greenhouse?
- “The future belongs to people-first companies”. What does this mean?
- What’s the difference between a compliance-first and a people-first business?
- What is Greenhouse’s People-First vision?
- In the new world of work, how do you think talent is thinking differently from before?
- How do you see the job market evolving, and how is Greenhouse evolving?
- How are companies going to attract and retain talent?
- What does meaningful connections look like in a distributed company?
- How can companies ensure they’re fostering an inclusive workplace?
Links highlighted in this “Sourcing, DEI Initiatives, and People-First Companies” episode are included below:
- Greenhouse Website: https://www.greenhouse.com/uk
- Colm O’Cuinneain LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/colmoc/
- Greenhouse Blog: Endgame: Building a people team for a new era of Work
- Greenhouse Blog: The future belongs to people-first companies
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an #HRvacancy that you would love some specialist #humanresources #hragency support with, please contact me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!