For those not familiar with Zellis, here is a snapshot of the business in numbers
• They pay 5 million employees every month
• £28 bn+ pounds are paid out each year through their Managed Payroll Services
• And over 29% of the FTSE 100 are Zellis customers
These numbers also provide Zellis with access to big data. And, as part of the Zellis vision, which is to be a leader in pay, reward, analytics, and people experiences, they decided to develop a report, in cooperation with the Economist, that was focused on diversity data to determine what it is that is holding back progress in delivering effective, data-led DEI campaigns.
And if you are wondering why a company, largely focused on payroll, decided to commission research on DEI data collection – stay tuned because you are about to find out!
Let’s just say, the results are fascinating!
In this “Effective Payroll Data Gathering for DEI with Caroline Drake #71” episode with Caroline Drake on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word “payroll” mean to you?
- What was the inspiration behind the “Time to Act: Seven principles for effective DEI data gathering” report and what did this involve?
- The research report indicates that there is a Diversity Data deficit. What does it mean?
- Why is trust in the employer seemingly so important in making employees comfortable in sharing data?
- How can companies maintain sensitivity while categorising characteristics?
- How willing were employees to provide data in aid of ED&I programmes?
- How can companies make better use of the data they collect from their employees?
- Why did a company largely focused on payroll, commission research on DEI data collection?
- In terms of the findings, what were the Seven principles any company can apply to improve DEI data gathering going forward?
Links highlighted in this “Effective Payroll Data Gathering for DEI with Caroline Drake #71” episode are included below:
- Caroline Drake’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caroline-drake-6853a117/
- Zellis Website: https://www.zellis.com/
- Time to Act: https://solutions.zellis.com/time-to-act
- The host of The Payroll Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Click on this link to Subscribe to The Payroll Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Love HR or Learning & Development? Check out Nick Day’s other podcast, dedicated to Leadership and Human Resources here: The HR L&D Podcast
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
Of course, if you are a Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!