Nick first met Kira at the Annual APA Payroll Congress in 2019, which was shortly after she won the prestigious Global Vision Award, so it was a great pleasure to welcome Kira back to the Payroll Podcast at a time when global payroll has been thrust into the limelight and is finally getting the international recognition it deserves!
Kira is a global payroll leader with over 15 years of experience managing cross-cultural payroll operations, enabling her to become one of the most renowned global payroll subject matter experts working anywhere on the planet right now!
Kira has managed payroll operations for countries located in Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific and she is extremely passionate about international business and actively involved in the global payroll industry.
In fact, since Kira was just 14 years old, she knew she wanted to work globally and cross-culturally and after graduating from university with an International Relations degree and International Law minor, Kira began her career in Global Payroll, an industry she has remained immersed in ever since!
Welcome Kira Rubiano to the show!
In this “Global Payroll for a Global Workforce” episode with Kira Rubiano on The Payroll Podcast, we also explore:
- What does the word payroll mean to you?
- What is global payroll, and how does it differ from local payroll?
- Paying international talent is complicated and fraught with risks of noncompliance and lengthy processes, but what is it that makes global payroll so complex?
- In your experience, what are some of the key considerations for businesses considering expanding into new countries?
- What type of mindset is needed to be able to successfully navigate the complex world of payroll at your level?
- Every country has its regulations, requirements, reporting standards, infrastructures, and practices. What challenges you have had to confront for these factors and how have you handled them?
- How challenging is it to get to grips not just with the local payroll regulations, but also the local cultures or ways of doing things?
- What other major challenges do you have to overcome when paying a global workforce?
- At Atlas, employees can elect to work from anywhere. What does that process look like?
- What advice would you give to other leaders or hiring managers listening to this who perhaps also want to hire the best talent regardless of geographic location?
- Do you believe payroll should be considered a transactional function or a strategic function?
- What aspect of the payroll profession do you enjoy the most?
- Tell us more about Atlas – a single technology platform that enables companies to expand, Onboard, Manage & Pay global teams anywhere in the world.
Links highlighted in this “Global Payroll for a Global Workforce” episode are included below:
- Atlas Website: https://www.atlashxm.com/
- Kira Rubiano LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kirarubiano/
- Atlas LinkedIn Page: https://www.atlashxm.com/
- Atlas Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AtlasHXM
- Atlas Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Atlas_HXM
- Atlas Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/atlashxm/
- Nick Day LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickday/
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not ask your HR Team to check out our other show The HR L&D Podcast?
Remember, if you are a #Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy requiring specialist payroll recruitment support, please get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what an excellent payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01727 800377
Find out more at: www.jgarecruitment.com.
Thanks for listening! I hope you enjoyed this episode of The Payroll Podcast, and I look forward to bringing you the next episode soon!