Before starting HPS, Patricia was a Chief Human Resources Officer for several public and private firms. She has also worked at the C-Suite level with clients including Microsoft, Target Corporation, Facebook, Deloitte and Accenture, and several Silicon Valley start-ups.
Patty holds a master’s in social work from the University of Pennsylvania and is a former practising therapist. As a thought leader, Patty has been featured in publications including Forbes, Harvard Business Review and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Patty is also a guest lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania and has discussed subjects including conscious capitalism, empathy-driven leadership, leading in the new world of work, high-performing teams, and executive presence.
Additionally, Patty also holds leadership roles on not-for-profit boards and is an angel investor in multiple ventures – it is clear why I jumped at the opportunity to welcome Patty to The HR L&D Podcast!
In this “HR Strategies that Build Positive Workplace Cultures” episode with Patricia Carl on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- What has the Great Resignation taught companies concerning talent attraction and retention?
- How can HR leaders support employee mental wellness and reduce workplace stress?
- What can HR leaders do to create intentional cultures?
- What are micro-cultures?
- Why are leaders essential to an organization’s success?
- How should companies successfully develop leaders?
- What are your top 5 observations for 2022 that we can learn from for 2023?
- Tell us more about Highland Performance Solutions and your 5Ps framework.
- Tell us a little about the leadership book you hope to release later this year.
Links highlighted in this “HR Strategies that Build Positive Workplace Cultures” episode are included below:
- Website: https://highlandperformancesolutions.com/
- Patricia’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patriciacarl/
- Patricia Carl’s Top 5 for 2022 Blog on LinkedIn
- Highland Performance Solutions LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/highlandperformancesolutions/
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an #HRvacancy that you would love some specialist #humanresources #hragency support with, please contact me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!