Sharath supports organisations and leaders worldwide to solve deep motivational challenges.
He has worked with governments, leading universities and high-profile corporations, from L’Oréal to the London School of Economics, and he is also the author of the ground-breaking book “Intrinsic”.
Sharath was awarded an OBE in the 2022 Queen’s New Year’s Honours for founding and leading STiR Education, arguably the world’s largest intrinsic motivation initiative.
“Intrinsic”, the book we will learn more about during this episode, takes us on a journey around the world to find practical and inspirational answers to solving our motivational crisis, harnessing ground-breaking research from psychology and economics to philosophy and behavioural science.
In this “Intrinsic Leadership & Motivation” episode with Sharath Jeevan OBE on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words “human resources” mean to you?
- How do we motivate our teams in this ‘New Work’ Age?
- Tell us more about the concepts of Purpose, Autonomy, & Mastery.
- What 3 principles should we focus on when building a motivating culture?
- What is the Authenticity Paradox?
- What can leaders do to build “nurturing practices”?
- Can you tell us more about your research, the book, and its findings?
- How can leaders build ways of working within their organisations that increase impact?
- What are five ways we can develop more meaningful collaboration?
- What would be your primary recommendation for living a more fulfilling life?
- How are ChatGPT and other automation tools impacting human connection?
Links highlighted in this “Intrinsic Leadership & Motivation” episode are included below:
- The Book: Intrinsic
- Website: https://www.intrinsic-labs.com/
- Sharath Jeevan’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sharathjeevan/
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you have an HR vacancy with which you would love some specialist HR Recruitment Agency support, contact me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great HR Recruitment agency experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!