Tim and his organization, The Aperio, help people become, be, and stay leaders who are actually worth following. Tim has identified the ingredients that create exceptional leaders. Tim’s work puts him in a variety of roles including delivering keynote talks, creating unique and customized learning experiences, and guiding long-term developmental journeys. He has worked with leadership teams in North America, Australia, and Asia. He resides in the United States in Atlanta with his wife and four children.
The Aperio, is A Latin word meaning to uncover, lay bare, make clear, or reveal. https://www.theaperio.com/about-aperio
In this “Becoming a Leader Worth Following” episode with Tim Spiker, on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What it is that you think makes an exceptional leader?
- What is exceptional leadership?
- How can we understand the hidden truths of leadership?
- How can we determine which leaders are worth following?
- What is the Who* Not What Principle?
- How can we apply the Who* Not What Principle right away?
- What does it mean to be “Inwardly Sound” and “Others Focused”?
- What is the most critical thing for organizations must understand about leadership?
- What challenges are leaders typically faced with when they are leading in the midst of significant uncertainty – such as this global COVID-19 pandemic?
- We find out more about Tim’s latest books “The Only Leaders Worth* Following”
- How to spot leaders who appear successful but aren’t well-developed as people!
- Have leadership styles changed?
- What are the key transferable soft skills people should focus on developing within a leadership context?
Links highlighted in this “Becoming a Leader Worth Following” episode are included below:
- The End of Jobs – Book by Jeff Wald featured on this episode, available on Amazon
- Tim Spiker, LinkedIn profile
- Access the book “The Only Leaders Worth* Following”
- Discover more about Tim and his organization, The Aperio
- Nick Day, Host of The HR L&D Podcast LinkedIn Profile
- JGA HR Recruitment: Leading HR Recruiters
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great HR recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast real soon