Mia Baytop Russell, PhD has served in various roles across nonprofit, academic, and corporate sectors. Drawing from personal interests and challenges with work-life integration and work-family conflict, Mia has spent decades exploring well-being in multiple contexts. Her research focuses on the sustainability of well-being, specifically family economic well-being and career/work-related well-being. As a financial education and organizational behaviour contributor, Mia has published dozens of interdisciplinary articles, developed programs, and consulted with organizations.
Nick and Mia discuss how to facilitate a workplace environment that—instead of causing burnout—cultivates energy, enthusiasm, and participation. Mia also discusses her new book, FIRED UP!: A Guide to transforming your team from Burnout to Engagement (De Gruyter).
In this “From Burnout to Engagement” episode with Mia Russell on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words human resources mean to you?
- Why so many employees are “quietly quitting”
- What causes burnout in the workplace?
- What are the consequences of burnout?
- How do you assess your team and work environment for burnout?
- How can you shift your team from burnout to engagement?
- Why is it important to address burnout from the managerial level?
Links highlighted in this “From Burnout to Engagement” episode are included below:
- Engaged Work Teams Website: https://thinkfiredup.com/
- Johns Hopkins University Website: https://www.jhu.edu/
- Mia Russel LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/miabrussell/
- Fired Up Book Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fired-Up-transforming-burnout-engagement/dp/3110741628
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an #HRvacancy that you would love some specialist #humanresources #hragency support with, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!