Happy World Hearing Day 2023! Hearing Inclusion and World Hearing Day with Nicole Behne #79
This episode was recorded for World Hearing Day 2023, an annual global advocacy event for raising awareness regarding hearing loss, promoting ear and hearing care, and calling for action to address hearing loss and related issues. Each year, this event is celebrated on 3 March.
For those who are hard of hearing, please Click here to read the transcript of this episode.
In the episode, Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast by Nicole Behne, who creates inclusive workplace solutions for people who are hard of hearing (HOH).
Nicole’s work transforms an invisible challenge negatively impacting 12% of America’s workforce into environments where employees are more engaged, included and productive.
Studies prove hearing loss can often cause reduced productivity due to depression, social isolation, and listening fatigue in the workplace. As a Fortune 300 marketing executive with significant hearing loss, Nicole has learned to adapt to challenging situations in many workplace environments. From board rooms to manufacturing floors, Nicole has learned to utilise technology, spatial awareness and education to help her peer group achieve best practices when engaging HOH employees.
Nicole is passionate about advocating for and providing practical solutions to business professionals with hearing loss disabilities. Each space and situation presents a unique opportunity to find efficient and effective ways to navigate the hurdles affecting hearing loss individuals.
With World Hearing Day on 3rd March, Nicole is leading the charge to ensure everyone is “heard.” She has launched Hearing Inclusion to help DEI leaders and HR teams conduct environmental assessments, develop customized action plans, and produce individualized coaching programs.
In this “Hearing Inclusion and World Hearing Day” episode with Nicole Behne on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words human resources mean to you?
- What does hearing loss sounds like?
- How hard is it to navigate the business world with hearing loss?
- What can companies do to support equity and inclusion for deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals?
- What successful and practical strategies have companies implemented to improve inclusion for deaf or hard-of-hearing employees?
- Why is disability often overlooked as a form of diversity?
- How can leaders create a ripple effect of awareness regarding those with a hearing disability?
- What is your “Hearing Inclusion Initiative” and how can the business help DEI leaders and HR teams?
- What is the auditory-related question concerning hearing inclusion that I haven’t asked?
Links highlighted in this “World Hearing Day” episode are included below:
- Click here to read the transcript of this episode.
- Website: https://www.hearinginclusion.com/
- Nicole Behne LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicole-behne-7544475/
- Nicole Behne’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an #HRvacancy that you would love some specialist #humanresources #hragency support with, please get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!