Unlocking Wellbeing to Create Sustainable and Resilient Organisations with Gethin Nadin #73
In the episode, Nick Day is joined on The HR L&D Podcast sofa by Gethin Nadin, an award-winning psychologist who has been helping some of the world’s largest organisations improve their employee experience and wellbeing for over two decades.
Gethin has been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, The Sun, The Huffington Post and The Financial Times, as well as all significant HR, Reward and Pensions publications.
Gethin has been listed as one of the world’s top 101 Global Employee Experience Influencers for the last two years running, is listed on the Employee Engagement Powerlist, is one of LinkedIn’s top global contributors and is also a regular keynote speaker, Ex-Chair of the UK Government-backed Engage for Success Wellbeing Thought Action Group, a Key Stakeholder in UK Government Transport Employee Wellbeing KPI’s and a Fellow at the RSA.
In 2018, Gethin published his first book – the HR bestseller ‘A World of Good: Lessons From Around the World in Improving the Employee Experience’, which has inspired HR and Reward teams at some of the world’s best-known brands.
In 2022, Gethin co-authored his second book ‘Das Menschliche Büro – The Human(e) Office’ a collaboration between leading academics and workplace professionals across Europe.
His latest book ‘A Work In Progress: Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations, has only just been released – which is why Nick is super excited to welcome Gethin to the HR L&D Podcast today so we can find out more about him and his latest book in more detail.
In this “Unlocking Wellbeing to Create Sustainable and Resilient Organisations” episode with Gethin Nadin on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words Human Resources mean to you?
- How can we help people show up as the best version of themselves each day at work?
- Your book “The Human(e) Office” was harder to write. Why?
- What inspired you to write the new book, A Work In Progress: Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations?
- The pandemic changed a lot of the workplace – what was the wellbeing impact of the crisis?
- How should employers now react to employee wellbeing?
- You quote more than 600 pieces of research and academic literature in the book; what was the standout research for you?
- What is the biggest takeaway from the book?
- What are the main messages you want to get across to the reader?
- There are a growing number of wellbeing books appearing in the market; do we need another one?
Links highlighted in this “Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations” episode are included below:
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gethinnadin/
- Benefex website
- Zellis website
- Book 1: “A World of Good: Lessons from Around the World in Improving the Employee Experience”
- Book 2: “The Human(e) Office“
- Book 3: “A Work In Progress: Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations“
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Of course, if you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an HR-related vacancy that you would love some specialist human resources recruitment support – please also get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!