Payroll Question Time: April Changes for the New Tax Year #57
Listen to this special episode of the Payroll Podcast and join SD Worx for this monthly Payroll Question Time, with new host Nick Day. In association with an expert payroll panel, we explore all the key issues currently affecting the world of payroll!
We discuss the new tax year for 2020/21 which introduces a handful of changes for businesses and individuals, as well the new rules on how certain types of employees should be paid.
As usual, we dig into the detail to interpret what it all means for businesses in the UK and Ireland, whilst fielding all your questions in real-time via a live Q&A.
We also update you on planned upcoming legislation changes, including:
- Payroll changes for the new tax year
- IR35 and off-payroll workers
- Payrolling benefits in kind
- The Single Enforcement Body for holiday pay
- Workers vs Employees
- The latest on National Minimum Wage
- Hot topics
- Simon Parsons, Director UK Compliance Strategies at SD Worx
- Lou Gray, Head of Transitions and Operations at EY Absolute
- Samantha Mann, Payroll Legislation Consultant at Armstrong Watson Payroll & Employee Services
- Kirsty Rogers, Partner, Employment at DWF Law LLP
- Jon Keeble, Partner, Employment at DWF Law LLP
- Andy Nicholls, Industry Liaison Manager at The Pensions Regulator
Our new Payroll Question Time host
Nick Day, MD at JGA Recruitment. Nick is a leading authority on issues that affect HR and payroll, and is also the host of two popular podcast shows The HR L&D Podcast and The Payroll Podcast.
Who should watch?
All payroll and HR professionals working within the private sector, for mid-market and enterprise organisations.
Look out for the next episode in May!
May Payroll Question Time: The Future of Work
This month our expert panel is looking at the Future of Work – including how recent legislative changes are bedding in. As usual, we’ll be taking all your questions through our live Q&A. BOOK HERE
Of course, if you are Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great Payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon